What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Arcana Creations 4th Quarter 2013 Releases

I got an email today from one of the writers I've had the pleasure of dealing with in the past few years concerning what was up and what, if anything, was being published as we get closer to the holidays.

I've learned to be very careful to avoid promising things I cannot guarantee.  Just looking at the flak that John from Brave Halfing Publishing has gotten this past year has a very sobering effect.  I've missed a couple of deadlines I've set for myself in the past but only once has it severely impacted and caused the cancellation of a project that was being worked on.

However, I have never taken a dime on pre-orders and I've managed to avoid the siren's call of Kickstarter.  That may soon come to an end though as I consider projects that NEED to be completed and are currently near completion.  But we'll see.

In the meantime, I did want to give a glimpse at what is being planned for this last quarter and early 2014.  All going well, we should see the releases of the following titles:

  • Light Ballista: Fastplay Rules
  • Hide In Plain Sight
  • Mystery at Morfurt
  • All Clear
All of these should be out within the next 4 months with the goal of all being released by X-Mas.  These will be primarily electronic releases though limited print runs will be available and I may open up pre-orders for that purpose only.  The final decision has not been made yet.

After these have been released, the next three big releases will consist of the Ballista Rules Companion and a deluxe box set release for Ballista as well as an accessory called the Foamy Tankard.  There are a few things still up in the air but are quietly being sorted out.

For now, that's what I'm looking at.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment