What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:

What I'm Backing on Kickstarter:
After Winter Dark Campaign Setting

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Brave Halfling Forums Receives Temporary Reprieve!

Well, as I went on to the forums today to deliver the sentence of execution, I noticed two key things:

One, the X-Plorer forum section was still seeing some activity from at least a couple of members.

Two, my 'admin' account which is separate from the one I use regularly has a password which I have apparently forgotten.  I haven't used this account since the forums creation back in the summer of 2009 and the one I normally use gives me access to ALMOST everything anyway.  I need to find my admin password though in order to shut the forums down.

I could lock everything up making posting impossible which would keep the data there if people want to look back for some material (a concern that some fans have expressed) which is certainly a consideration.  However, even if I did this, I wouldn't want this to be kicking around forever either.  So, until I find the password, or contact the company responsible for hosting this, there will be no action done to shut it down this weekend as originally planned.  What I'll probably do is ensure an announcement of sorts is visible for those viewing the site to be made aware of the forums eventual demise (which will STILL be this month).

M

No comments:

Post a Comment